The CertTESOL or (to give it its full name) the Trinity Certificate in Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages is a TEFL certificate.
It is roughly equivalent to the CELTA and is probably best suited for teachers with a couple of years experience under their belt.
The course was designed by Trinity College London and is offered by a number of schools around the world which offer the course after Trinity accreditation.
Content and Structure
The course content includes:
- Understanding the main phonological, lexical and syntactical features of modern English
- Appreciating the needs and motivations of individuals and groups of learners
- Designing and delivering lesson plans
- Evaluating, using and adapting published teaching materials
- Creating your own teaching materials and classroom aids
The course includes 6 hours of teaching practice and you must have a degree to take it. It is a very intensive 4 weeks and thus not suitable for those already working. The cost varies according to where you take it but fees begin at around [currconvert base_curr=”GBP” base_amount=”900″].
Essential Qualifications to Teach English – an overview of what you need to teach English
How to Choose a Good TEFL Course – what to look for when you choose a TEFL course
TEFL Certificates to Teach English – all about TEFL courses available
Official Site – the official site of Trinity