The following are the full terms and conditions for taking an ICAL TEFL course. If you have any questions about these then do please feel free to contact us for clarification.
To register for an ICAL TEFL course you must:
- have a good standard of English; this means that you must be able to read and write English at a high level
Aside from this one factor we do not discriminate against any student for reasons of gender, sexual preference, age, nationality, political, religious or moral beliefs, and so on.
The following terms and conditions detail ICAL TEFL policy regarding use, registration, refunds, complaints, plagiarism and suchlike. Students taking any ICAL TEFL course agree to be bound by these conditions.
The full terms and conditions are printed below, however the main points are:
- There is a 100% refund for any course canceled within 15 days of registration.
- ICAL TEFL does not tolerate plagiarism in any way. Any student found copying will be warned once then dismissed from the course if caught copying again.
- There is no time limit on the course. We must, however, receive at least one assignment every 12 months.
Complete Terms & Conditions
2. Refund Policy & Course Transfer
ICAL TEFL is committed to providing our students with the best possible service and this is guaranteed with our refund policy which covers you from the day you register to the day you graduate.
We offer a 100% refund of fees to any student if:
- You resign from the course, for whatever reason, within 15 days of registration. If you have submitted your first assignment for grading within the 15 days period, the refund will be 75%.
- ICAL TEFL withdraws or otherwise no longer runs the course in which you have registered.
- ICAL TEFL fails to contact you after your registration; this is provided that the email account supplied on your registration form is valid and in working order – no responsibility can be taken by ICAL TEFL for failure to contact a student through a given email account which is supplied incorrectly, does not support attachments or is otherwise invalid (e.g. the account was supplied incorrectly or belongs to a third party).
- ICAL TEFL fails to supply the course material according to the procedure detailed in the ICAL TEFL Student Center. Although we will help as we can, responsibility for the technical ability to download material and access rests with the student.
- ICAL TEFL does not return correspondence in a timely manner and continually shows negligence in returning said correspondence.
Note: Plagiarism. No refunds will be given in the case of a student dismissed from ICAL TEFL for plagiarism. See the Plagiarism Policy below (item 4) for more on this subject. Likewise no refunds will be given in the case of abusive behavior (see the Respect details below, item 7).
If you meet the conditions specified above, and wish to apply for a refund, the following procedure applies.
- Contact ICAL TEFL Admin explaining that you wish to apply for a refund. You must keep the original payment receipt in case we require this to process the refund and as proof of date. We will usually acknowledge receipt of your request for a refund within two working days.
- We will then ask you to complete a short online form to confirm your registration details and explain the reason for your refund.
- If you meet the conditions specified above, a refund will be issued.
Note: This process takes about 2-3 weeks to complete.
If a student drops out after 15 days from registration, ICAL TEFL is not able to make any refund of fees. However, it should be noted that there is no time limit on any of our courses (as long as we receive at least one assignment each 12 months – see below for more on this) and a student can take as long as they require in taking the course; they are perfectly free to put the course on hold for as long as they require (as per the 12 month clause) and take up tuition when they feel more ready to do the course. In cases where there is a significant time period between the student submitting work, we may, at the discretion of the Tutor Supervisor, ask the student to submit earlier work for reappraisal.
ICAL TEFL courses are transferable at no extra cost providing the transfer is requested within a year from the registration date*. This means that if a student finds they are no longer able to work on a course, they may pass the course on to a friend or colleague who will take the course and receive certification instead. This can happen subject to the following conditions:
- The first student informs ICAL TEFL of the transfer with all appropriate details.
- The first student has not submitted any assignment.
- The second student meets all the criteria for registration
- The second student starts the course from the beginning as if they had registered independently.
*If the transfer is requested after one year from the registration date, a reactivation fee will apply.
Transferring from one ICAL TEFL Course to a different ICAL TEFL Course
If no course work has been submitted then a student may transfer between ICAL TEFL courses. The difference in costs between the courses will either be charged or refunded as appropriate. There will also be a $25 administrative fee to make the transfer.
Note: Requests for course transfers when part of the course work has already been submitted for grading will be evaluated on a case by case basis.
3. Complaints Procedure
4. Plagiarism Policy
If we find that a student has presented work which is not their own or disguised as their own, they are issued an email warning explaining what they have done and what the consequences will be if they send in other work which is not their own.
If a student has copied all or part of an assignment we will ask for it to be rewritten and submitted anew. For each assignment we will charge $40 USD to help cover the costs of analysis and remarking.
If this first warning is ignored and the student presents other work which is not their own, they are dismissed from the course and ICAL TEFL . In such cases, no refunds will apply.
5. Time Limits & Reactivation Fee
However, if there is a gap of more than 12 months between signing up and submitting the first assignment or between submitting subsequent assignments, the following reactivation charges will apply to help cover administrative and tutor costs in reactivating the course.
- $25 USD flat fee for first year of inactivity
- additional $5 USD per each inactive year after first year
- additional $10 USD per each assignment submitted (version 1 only will be taken into account)
6. Standard of English
Information posted here does not affect your statutory rights.